The Girls Guide to Surviving the Apocalypse is a group blog of female writers and artists sharing their assorted wisdom on how best to approach the end of the world. Mixing cocktails, an armaggedon playlist and articles and art on everything from what shoes are best in a zombie attack to digging for when the canned goods run out.
I write epic stories for a younger crowd. My novels and short stories take place in high schools and college campuses of today, the post-apocalyptic world of tomorrow, a zombie-overrun small town, and a parallel realm created by ancient gods. Common themes are teen angst, young love, political upheaval, the nature of good vs. evil, the pitfalls of drug and alcohol abuse, and the importance of friendship, family, and being free.
TRAINLAND deals with the twisted psychology of a high school shooter. (Available now)
The MILO BANKS series is about a boy and his twin sister who discover they come from a family of Greek-like demigods. (Book 1 coming this May)
ASCENDANT takes place in post-apocalyptic America where a jaded teen discovers his mind was created by the government to be a weapon. Now they want it back. (Episode 1 coming this August)
Visit Self Land StoriesSelf Land Stories latest items:
- How 6 Pieces of Self-Publishing Advice Led to Averaging $1,250 a Month in Book Sales
- The First and Only Fan Letter I’ve Ever Written
- A Three-Chapter Preview of ASCENDANT, A Dystopian Novel Coming Out This Summer
- Why Reading Outside Your Genre Makes You a Better Writer
- The New Year for Writers: It’s All About Daily Goals